Windows 10 text flickering and video shadowing on cloned display.

siberia60

Commendable
Aug 14, 2016
Hello!

I recently upgraded to Win 10. Running an i7-6700k with 16GBs of RAM, and NVME and a GTX 660 (Old V-Card, having an 1080 shipped as we speak).

As panels, I use a 1080p Samsung 60hz panel, and an 4k Philips TV connected to the PC. I'm used to using both displays as cloned, since I'm a single user and I prefer it to play games and watch movies from the comfort of my own bed, witough having to play around with multiple displays. (Since they aren't one next to the other, but in opposite parts of the room.)

This setup worked perfectly on Win 7. After upgrading the PC, and Windows, the text on the TV (Whether it's browser or subtitles in video player) started to artefact, fuzz and scramble. Still readable, but it has some flicking effects in the background. (Similar to white noise, when it gets jumbled up, yet still visible in the foreground, sort-of speaking). Also, movies played trough video player seem to leave a shadow behind some moving charaters. Just for a fraction of a second, enough to be visible.

Now, this hapends only on the TV. The monitor shows absolutley no issues similar to that. Also, if I go and set up extended displays and set the TV on 4k, the same issues still happen on the TV.

The TV is connected via a HDMI to DVI cable, and the monitor to a HDMI to HDMI connector.

P.S. I ran the new components for a month on Win 7, before I upgraded to 10, it didn't have this issues, so I doubt it's from the components or the cables.

Thanks in advance!