Question Windows 10 This PC tile view

Feb 26, 2021
I've used Windows 10 since its launch, but I still cannot get use to a strange display anomaly!

In This PC, Tile View, it has always niggled me that the drive usage bar visually shows the disk usage information the wrong way around!

When you look at the graphic, the (blue) bar increases in size from the left, and shows how much space has been used. Fair enough. However, the info beneath the bar says X GB free of X GB. Therefore at a glance, I expect the blue bar to indicate free space, not the used space. Surely it would be more logical if either i) the blue bar showed the free space or ii) the info read X BG used of X GB total space.

It's a silly niggle I know, especially when we're in the midst of a lethal pandemic, but is there a mod that would display the info the more logical way?

Feb 26, 2021
I agree that the info line is logically the correct way around. But somehow in my head, the bar does not correlate with that info. Logically I expect the bar to be indicating free space, not used. Imagine if a fuel gauge did it the same way - increasing in size the emptier the tank became!

Last edited: