Question windows 10 to samsung tv screen share

ShadowOfEnvy85

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2014
hi,

im trying to connect my windows 10 pc to my samsung tv so i can play fifa with my pals when they come over.

tv: SAMSUNG UE50TU7020KXXU 50" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR LED TV

i've tried the remote access feature on the samsung tv but it wont connect, ive tried the screen mirror bit but my tv doesn't come up on the connect options on my pc.
it only shows as 'generic pnp monitor' or something along those lines.

my pc isnt wireless, so its connected to the router via ethernet. my tv is right next to the router and i've tried both wireless and wired but no result.

does my pc need to be wireless in order for this to work?
i would've thought it would've worked better with both connected to the router via ethernet but apparently i was wrong.

anyone offer any help please? thanks :)

Last edited:

kanewolf

Titan
hi,

im trying to connect my windows 10 pc to my samsung tv so i can play fifa with my pals when they come over.

i've tried the remote access feature on the samsung tv but it wont connect, ive tried the screen mirror bit but my tv doesn't come up on the connect options on my pc.
it only shows as 'generic pnp monitor' or something along those lines.

my pc isnt wireless, so its connected to the router via ethernet. my tv is right next to the router and i've tried both wireless and wired but no result.

does my pc need to be wireless in order for this to work?
i would've thought it would've worked better with both connected to the router via ethernet but apparently i was wrong.

anyone offer any help please? thanks :)
You didn't list the model of the TV so there is no way to determine if it supports screen casting. My Samsung TV shows up as a device to connect to via screen sharing.

TRENDING THREADS