Windows 10 - Touchpad Vertical/Horizontal Scrolling Inoperative

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fish0Man

Reputable
May 23, 2014
Vertical and Horizontal scrolling on laptop using the touchpad does not work. On entering the Synaptics Settings screen the scrolling option is unchecked. Checking the Option and Applying the setting will initiate vertical and horizontal scrolling. However, once the session is terminated and the computer either Shutdown or Restarted the scrolling is no longer active. On checking the Synaptics Settings screen the scrolling option is again unchecked. There seems to be no solution at present. I have tried all the so called solutions available on the net but none worked for me.

Solution
Hello,

Try performing a clean installation of your Touchpad drivers.

- Uninstall your current touchpad drivers.
- Restart your PC.
- Go to your manufacturer's website and download the official touchpad driver depending on your OS type and version.
- Restart your PC and your scrolling feature should be enabled again.

Pearlmaster

Reputable
Aug 30, 2015
Hello,

Try performing a clean installation of your Touchpad drivers.

- Uninstall your current touchpad drivers.
- Restart your PC.
- Go to your manufacturer's website and download the official touchpad driver depending on your OS type and version.
- Restart your PC and your scrolling feature should be enabled again.

Solution

Fish0Man

Reputable
May 23, 2014
Pearlmaster - Thanks for your info. I have since been able to enable the horizontal and vertical scrolling and suspect a Microsoft update may have fixed the issue. I had tried to get drivers from Synaptics but Win 8 were the latest. All is good now.

Pearlmaster

Reputable
Aug 30, 2015

Glad to hear a positive feedback. You may tag or set "best solution" once your problem has been resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.