windows 10 trial

Feb 23, 2018
hey guys wanted to ask microsoft offers free windows 10 but you will later need product key coz many features wont work such as changing background and other things. but this free version is missing few things such as on windows update? or they both same to the real windows 10. I mean does it make any difference? i want to know what i will be missing with trial version no key activated vs activated version of windows. Especially for gaming if any changes or stops me from gaming. Recently ive been having problem with GTA 5 im thinking its coz of the trial version windows 10 that came with my pc when bought 2 week ago no key activated and few windows updates stopped or failed and now dont show up.

Wolfshadw

Titan
Windows 10 does not have a "trial" version per se.

You are allowed to download, install, and run Windows 10 directly from Microsoft without activation. The only difference is that you are unable to customize or personalize. Every other function, including updates, should work exactly the same as a fully activated installation of Windows. That you are having issues tells me that there is something else wrong with your system.

First question I would ask is where you got the computer from and why Windows was not activated. I'd also be running scans for malware and viruses. If that doesn't resolve the issue, I'd probably be looking at a clean install of Windows using their media creation tool.

-Wolf sends

USAFRet

Titan
There is no 'trial'. Just Activated vs Unactivated.

I have a long running test of a Win 10, Unactivated.
Installed on Dec 8 2016. 457 days.

Runs just as it did on day 1. Still gets all current updates, etc.
As above, no customization.

So, what's actually wrong with your system?

Feb 23, 2018
everything seems to be working well just sometime says 'oops somethign went wrong blue screen repair' etc but i re installed windows and now i had error on windows update but i currently fixed few but one update doesn't seem to work. ' 2018-02 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x64-based Systems (KB4090913) - Error 0x800f081f' and i can play few games downloaded and bought but i purchased GTA 5 activated key and now doesn't work i click on 'story mode' it loads couple sec or 1min later says 'stopped working' tried all solution download directx, gta manually re install rockstar every solution i could find online i tried yet nothing and re installed gta 5 with anti virus etc off.

Pic or error: http://i66.tinypic.com/14jt5dj.jpg