Windows 10 trying to upgrade to windows 10

paul002

Reputable
Nov 28, 2014
I've tried asking elsewhere without getting a response and its a bit of a weird thing happening. Basically I upgraded to windows 10 as soon as it released last year and haven't had many if any problems with it, except for one which happened for the second time earlier today. My computer already running windows 10 appears to have attempted to upgrade to windows 10. After about an hour and a half it just went to restoring past version of windows and my computer restarted and was like normal. Luckily nothing changed but still this is the second time this has happened on my desktop and on my laptop today I checked and it appears that it may have re-upgraded itself because it started going through the "We've upgraded windows for you, lets go through the new features" screens. Anyone of any idea what would cause this or how I could prevent this in the future?

Solution
10240 is first full, regular build.
10586.164 is last full build, that's what it probably attempted to upgrade to. If you run "winver" you can see which exact version you have.

paul002

Reputable
Nov 28, 2014
I just checked and it says I'm on build 10240 is this the technical preview? If so I'm not sure how I even got it, but how do I go about getting the newest build then?