Windows 10 undo update problem

G

i had recently updated my windows 10 laptop to the latest build and my games were having problems launching. mostly battlefield 4. I used the recovery option to role back the update to the previous build where all my games worked fine. after it was done with the downgrade, it restarted and now its on a blue screen with those dots spinning is a circle. it stays in there for hours and then it shows the lock screen picture with the time and date. From there when i try to unlock and enter my password it says welcome and those spinning dots but i didn't even enter my password yet. it stays there for an unknown amount of time. that was where i restarted it and it is doing the same thing over again. any help of advice?

Solution
if there anything on pc you want to try to rescue first, look at this: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/use-ubuntu-live-cd-to-backup-files-from-your-dead-windows-computer/

a fresh install will likely fix this problem for you.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Try this

On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB
change boot order so USB is first, hdd second
boot from installer
on screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install.
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up repair - this will scan PC and maybe fix this - will ask for logon info

G

i tried this and started the startup repair, it completed but it is still doing the indefinite blue loading screen, but it didn't ask me for login info tho. thanks for the suggestion. I think i'm just going to reinstall windows 10 with that USB i made.

Is too late now but in the future you may consider...

MAINTAINING OS IMAGE BACKUPS. This is a sure-fire way to UNDO ANYTHING, guaranteed, which doesn't happen in life very often. Sounds like a hassle to some people but to me is the geek's best friend. {Soap box off}

Colif

Win 11 Master
if there anything on pc you want to try to rescue first, look at this: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/use-ubuntu-live-cd-to-backup-files-from-your-dead-windows-computer/

a fresh install will likely fix this problem for you.

Solution
G

I had Linux mint KDE 17.3 along side windows so i just used file explorer in there to save files. Anyway my computer is working fine now, although it reinstalled the Windows build i was trying to get away from in the first place. but im surprised how easy a fresh install of windows 10 was.I was worried i was going to have to go driver-hunting across the internet but 97% of my ASUS drivers worked right away just had to install Nvidia drivers and update the rest.