Windows 10 Unidentified Network

Jan 4, 2019
I have tried literally everything I can possibly do and it still hasn't worked... I'm using an Eithernet from my PC through an adapter that connects to the modem in the living room. Any kind of answer is greatly appreciated!

basalt51

Distinguished
May 20, 2008
What is this "adapter"? Have you tried connecting directly into the modem with a short Ethernet cable and resetting the modem/restarting the pc?

I've been having a similar issue with one PC in my office in our newly built home. My older PC would work, albeit slower than it should. Reinstalled drivers, tried static IPs, even reinstalled windows, just in case. Finally, I plugged directly into my router - voila. Bad cable run. @%$#%

Hopefully I can just re-punchdown the terminals and its not the actual cable. Checked the rest of the house and have another bad run. This one caused me to buy a new switch in this location before I realized it was the NEW cable run.

Jan 4, 2019
The adapter is a thing that goes into the wall on my end and another into the wall located where the modem is. Then there's an ethernet chord that goes from the modem to the wall near the modem and an ethernet chord from my PC to the wall mount in my room. I tried it on my old laptop and it's doesn't work there either. I've tried manually doing everything and it doesn't work.

Jan 4, 2019
Both cables work, it's just really odd how this occured because I recently just upgraded my motherboard and cpu and this morning it work perfectly. I was able to get online etc... But randomly It disconnected as I was in a discord call. I'm trying to reset my PC right now but it seems that isnt working either...