[SOLVED] Windows 10 update 2004

CPU, Ryzen 5 3400G
GPU, Asus ROG Strix RX 570 8gb
Mobo, x570 i aorus pro wifi
RAM, 2x8 (16gb) Corsair Vengeance LPX
Storage, Adata 500gb M.2 (boot drive,) and Crucial 500gb SSD
PSU, Corsair CX500

I had the update message today for the new Windows 10 2004 download, it will download and install but then when it prompts me to restart my problems begin. I'll get the 'updating screen' then my PC restarts when it's downloaded 33% but for some reason when it switches back on it says something like ''choose boot drive'' but I cant enter the BIOS unless I switch it off and on again. When I get into BIOS, it doesnt show my M.2 drive so had to switch it on and off again then enter BIOS and it showed so I had to reset the boot order so it would boot from my M.2 but when I get to the home screen, it says update fail please try again. For some reason whenever I do some kind of update or download some new software,it always messes with my boot sequence and I have to enter the BIOS to fix it. Should I try to download the update again and disconnect the SSD and just have the M.2 (targeted drive) plugged in?

Solution
CPU, Ryzen 5 3400G
PSU, Corsair CX500

I had the update message today for the new Windows 10 2004 download, it will download and install but then when it prompts me to restart my problems begin. I'll get the 'updating screen' then my PC restarts when it's downloaded 33% but for some reason when it switches back on it says something like ''choose boot drive'' but I cant enter the BIOS unless I switch it off and on again. When I get into BIOS, it doesnt show my M.2 drive so had to switch it on and off again then enter BIOS and it showed so I had to reset the boot order so it...

Lutfij

Titan
If you are indeed on a Corsair CX500, I'd advise you to change the unit, regardless of your using onboard(APU) or a discrete GPU since the unit isn't reliable. It's design predates the Haswell era. To add, you should've looked at a 650W unit instead of a 500W unit since the RX570 draws more power(especially when overclocked).

Also which BIOS version are you on for your motherboard?

Reactions: kurdtnz
If you are indeed on a Corsair CX500, I'd advise you to change the unit, regardless of your using onboard(APU) or a discrete GPU since the unit isn't reliable. It's design predates the Haswell era. To add, you should've looked at a 650W unit instead of a 500W unit since the RX570 draws more power(especially when overclocked).

Also which BIOS version are you on for your motherboard?
Yeah,my build is only a couple of months old and was unaware of the CX500 being an old model,(bought new but realise it's still old.) and it's on my next 'to do' list in new parts. Im not a big gamer anyway,only ever occasionally playing pubg and never pushing the GPU or OC'ing. I updated the BIOS to F11 a month or so ago. It just seems that for whatever reason, whenever I download something,(but not always,) it confuses my storage drives even though I have made a boot sequence in the BIOS.

Colif

Win 11 Master
CPU, Ryzen 5 3400G
PSU, Corsair CX500

I had the update message today for the new Windows 10 2004 download, it will download and install but then when it prompts me to restart my problems begin. I'll get the 'updating screen' then my PC restarts when it's downloaded 33% but for some reason when it switches back on it says something like ''choose boot drive'' but I cant enter the BIOS unless I switch it off and on again. When I get into BIOS, it doesnt show my M.2 drive so had to switch it on and off again then enter BIOS and it showed so I had to reset the boot order so it would boot from my M.2 but when I get to the home screen, it says update fail please try again. For some reason whenever I do some kind of update or download some new software,it always messes with my boot sequence and I have to enter the BIOS to fix it. Should I try to download the update again and disconnect the SSD and just have the M.2 (targeted drive) plugged in?

that isn't right,

can you show us a screenshot of disk management?

what does boot priority list look like on boot tab? photos would be helpful.
upload images to an image sharing website and show links

the choose boot drive message can occur if you have CSM enabled in BIOS and Storage Boot Option Control is set to Legacy
motherboard manual - https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/Manual/mb_manual_x570-i-aorus-pro-wifi_1001_e.pdf

Solution

TRENDING THREADS