Windows 10 Update Broke Laptop; Stuck booting in Safe Mode

raptormoonx

Distinguished
May 19, 2014
Hello!

Windows 10 ran a cumulative update earlier today. The update failed and my laptop will only boot in safe mode.

I have tried System Restore twice. Both times, computer reboots back into Safe Mode, but says restoration was successful. Safe Mode is active without networking.

I cannot use F8 to bring up the boot menu. In Safe Mode, I have Safe Boot selected with Network selected. Doesn't work. Can't make the settings permanent either.

I can access everything I have saved to the hard drive, but I need to get back to normal without starting over. I have Windows 10 Professional 64-bit installed and updated to the latest updates. What do I do to fix this? I'm disabled and need my laptop for daily activities. Typing on my phone is difficult (like I'm doing now). Any help would be greatly appreciated ASAP. Thank you!

Solution
Since restore does not fix the problem and you cannot do a repair installation from safe mode, and you have your data backed up, the quickest way to solve the issue is to reinstall the latest build.