Windows 10 Update Causes Screen Resolution to Lock at 1024 x 768

The Egg

Commendable
Oct 25, 2016
I updated to the latest windows 10 version and it made my screen resolution into 1024 x 768.

The option to change the resolution grayed out making me unable to change it.

I have a GTX 970 for my video driver

Things I've tried:
-Used ddu to uninstall everything nvidia and then reinstall the latest nvidia drivers
-Restarted several times
-went on device manager and updated my drivers to no prevail
(http://puu.sh/rVyxv/9a9989db39.png)
Above is a image of what the display drivers tab looks like it has a yellow exclamation mark there
-Nvidia control panel doesn't open but shows up in task manager

Solution
This seems to be an ongoing situation for nvida: https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/861231/nvidia-amp-windows-10-how-i-solved-the-code-43-error-/

Colif

Win 11 Master
what size screen do you have?

in the image with the triangle, right click the icon and show us the properties as it should tell you what error is
did you install Geforce experience

have you tried deleting driver with ddu, letting win 10 download the latest driver from store and install it via windows update, and then, right click the icon in taskbar and choose update driver from this and it will link to Nvidia and let you use the driver from then on... that is how i did it last time.

The Egg

Commendable
Oct 25, 2016

-I updated to the latest windows 10 update
-screen went into 1024 x 768 and did not let me change it
-My resolution should be 1920 x 1080
-In device manager I got code 43 on my display driver (gtx 970)
-I then updated my nvidia driver to the latest one but it still gave me code 43 in the device manager
-I used ddu to remove all drivers from nvidia and restarted
-The resolution was fixed since it was using the integrated graphics
-I reinstalled newest drivers and it immediately went back to the giant resolution
-I checked on device manager and yet again code 43
-On older windows 10 versions my gpu is perfectly fine and does not give me code 43 only on the recent update does it give me that error