Windows 10 update destroyed my computer >:(

generalmadd0g

Prominent
Sep 3, 2017
Ever since upgrading my windows 10 from windows 8 via their website, My computer froze at "choose keyboard layout" after a few weeks of upgrading to it. So i recovered from scratch and tried again and after a few weeks it did it again. So i recovered and waited awhile then thinking they fixed the dam bug, it did it again. This time however my recovery window won't pop up. It will say "loading windows files" then go into the blue screen but the recovery media won't pop up. So now my expensive as shit computer won't let me recovery and yes i tried EVERYTHING from safe mode, recovery disks that i made, everything! and now i'm fucked and i don't know what to do. I don't have money to take it in or replace it either. What to do?

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

When you say "recovered from scratch" what are you referring to? Those are two different concepts.

generalmadd0g

Prominent
Sep 3, 2017

I chose the option to reset it to factory settings which wiped everything. I had to do this twice and then now I went to do it a third time and now the recovery window won't pop up and disc doesn't work. I never messed around with the recovery system other than to reset my computer so it has to be the update or something that has it messed up.

VJ_Gamer

Commendable
Aug 8, 2017
Solution

generalmadd0g

Prominent
Sep 3, 2017

How am I going to be able to boot a USB when it won't even load the repair disc's? I'm not sure if I linked it, it asked me if I wanted to update to windows 10 every time and I did and then it took a few hrs and was done. Never told me it linked anything to anything. I was planning to take computer into best buy to have them take a look but they want 50$ just to look at it plus god knows what they need to repair it. That may not sound like a lot of money to most people but I live paycheck to paycheck and don't have money for that right now but I really need to use my computer again as I'm stuck on my Android for now. Can anyone tell me what options I have? Or what if I buy a Windows 10 disc set, I seen them for around 100$ which is likely cheaper than what best buy nerd heard would charge.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

If you already have a legal Windows 10 you don't have to pay to download new media.