Status
Not open for further replies.

dotachilles

Reputable
Aug 2, 2015
Laptop Problem:
Samsung Chronos 7 NP700Z5A

1) Updated System To Windows 10 from Windows 7
2) Update completed, then asked me to create Windows 10 account. I went afk during this step because of dinner about 3 times. After, the screen would load up the windows 10 logo, then it would say restarting, then load up the logo, then restart, etc.
3) Used Samsung Recovery 7 Software to do a Total Restore. Messed up the laptop by not booting up either.
4) Used Windows 8 CD to revert to Windows 8. Drivers all lost so used SW Updater for samsung to gain all the drivers and software back.
5) The updater was updating everything until it got to the BIOS update. During the update, the screen froze, i thought it was just loading so i left it there, but then a couple hours later, the screen's current condition remained the same, so i used a forced-shutdown on the laptop.
6) I try to power the laptop on, all the status lights turn on, and the fan works, and everything is functioning but the screen is black totally throughout the whole bootup. I have tried to bootup by force shutdown and turn on for like 20 tries but the screen remains black. The Windows 8 CD does not loadup on the screen either. Please Help, i want to use this laptop :(.

Additionally, I tried using an hdmi cable to see if the screen was just not working, but the video did not appear on the tv i hooked the laptop up to. I'm sorry for also overkilling it by force shutting down so many times. I've also tried replacing the RAM but to no avail.

PLEASE HELP!!!

Solution
Hello dotachilles

It looks like your laptop needs a hard reset. You can try the following:

> Unplug your laptop from the power outlet.

> Remove its battery.

> Press and hold down the Power button of the laptop for around 45-60 seconds.

> Put the battery back and try powering the laptop on.

> If it doesn't, try plugging the laptop to the power supply, let it charge for around 10-15 minutes and then try powering it on again.

Hope this helps. Good Luck!!
Hello dotachilles

It looks like your laptop needs a hard reset. You can try the following:

> Unplug your laptop from the power outlet.

> Remove its battery.

> Press and hold down the Power button of the laptop for around 45-60 seconds.

> Put the battery back and try powering the laptop on.

> If it doesn't, try plugging the laptop to the power supply, let it charge for around 10-15 minutes and then try powering it on again.

Hope this helps. Good Luck!!

Solution

dotachilles

Reputable
Aug 2, 2015

dotachilles

Reputable
Aug 2, 2015
Hey vive,

Thanks for replying but judging from looking and the model, you cannot just simply unlock and take out the battery, it is inside th casing, and your second option did not work. I have tried it with wait times up to a couple hours before trying to power it on.

Status
Not open for further replies.