Question Windows 10 Update Installation Fails 1809 ("We couldn't complete the updates. Undoing changes. Don't turn off your computer")

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 26, 2019
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7300HQ CPU @ 2.50GHz, 2501 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
MB: MSI GL62M 7RE
GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050 ti
Version: 10.0.17763 Build 17763

I've had this problem for a while now, Every time I boot my computer it tries to install updates and gives me a blue screen that says:

"We couldn't complete the updates. Undoing changes. Don't turn off your computer"

after this i can boot into my PC no problem (There's no restart loop) but my windows version of course stays stagnant

the updates that it tries to install seem to be:
  • 2019-07 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5, 4.7.2, 4.8 for Windows 10 Version 1809 for x64 (KB4507419)
  • 2019-07 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1809 for x64-based Systems (KB4507469)
I tried a bunch of things from google to fix this like:
  • Ruining Windows Update Troubleshooter.
  • Delete the SoftwareDistribution Folder.
  • I even tried using the Windows 10 Update Assistant for the May 2019 update but the application told me it couldn't update without deleting all my information and apps, I can NOT lose my applications, I don't know why it tells me this though I read somewhere that it could be because I installed a new drive to my PC and moved the Program Files directory to it changing its location with the Registry Editor, So I tried changing the location back to the original Program Files file in the C: drive but it didn't make a difference when using the update assistant again (delete all or no update).
At this point Im out of options I just dont know what to do, If any of you have any idea of how I can update my computer without losing all my data and applications Id be really grateful.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS