Windows 10 Update messed up my graphics card drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 20, 2018
My computer is approximately 5 years old. While I was installing the June windows 10 update, my display went black and unresponsive. Couldn't boot or get into BIOS. After doing a bit of diagnostics, I took out my AMD Radeon HD 7950 GPU and was able to boot using the Integrated graphics card. I then went into the BIOS and set the Integrated graphics card to have priority, so that I could plug the AMD graphics card back in and still boot using the integrated graphics card. I then used DDU in safe mode to delete all the AMD drivers and reinstalled them but the AMD GPU still didn't work. I tried the same thing, reverting to an earlier version of windows, still nothing. I then tried doing a clean install and now my AMD graphics card is either showing as a Microsoft basic display adapter or isn't showing up at all. Any time I try to reinstall the drivers, I get errors such as AMD error code 31 (This device is not working because windows cannot load the drivers required for this device), error 173 (AMD installer cannot continue because AMD graphics hardware was not found), or error 99 (cannot continue because the driver has not been digitally signed). If I don't get any errors, the installation of the AMD graphics card drivers causes my computer to freeze partway through the installation.

Any Ideas as to what to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.