[SOLVED] Windows 10 Update problem

Raskon

Prominent
Apr 8, 2019
Hello members,

When I want to update Windows 10 I don't make it because when I click Check for update this error:

How to update Windows 10, can with USB or how. I want to fix all error, which is best alternative for update?

Raskon

Prominent
Apr 8, 2019

check-issue-update.png

0Markz0

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2013
Run Command Prompt as Administrator and copy paste these lines there one by one (don't paste a new one before command is fully executed), restart computer and check updates again.

net stop wuauserv
net stop cryptSvc
net stop bits
net stop msiserver
ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 catroot2.old
net start wuauserv
net start cryptSvc
net start bits
net start msiserver
net localgroup administrators networkservice /add
net localgroup administrators localservice /add

You might need to take ownership from SoftwareDistribution folder if that doesn't work and do it again. To do so open folder properties, Security, click Advanced, click Owner "Change", Type your username into box, click Check Names, click OK and Apply.

Last edited:
first do the following as this has been a problem that has happened in the past.

right click the icon to the internet to the left of your speaker icon , click on change adaptor options , right click your internet connection icon and choose properties , click on internet protocol v 4 to highlight it then properties , on the bottom half of the page you are looking at now , click on the button use the following dns , now in the first box you need 8 8 8 8 and in the second you need 8 8 4 4 , finally tick validate settings before exit .

for future reference if you start to install an update and it goes wrong right down the kb number and go to this site.

http://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Home.aspx

type in the kb number in top right , eg kb123 , you will then get a full list of all the versions of the kb number you want , just make sure you install the correct one for your build.

Reactions: 0Markz0

Raskon

Prominent
Apr 8, 2019
Run Command Prompt as Administrator and copy paste these lines there one by one (don't paste a new one before command is fully executed), restart computer and check updates again.

net stop wuauserv
net stop cryptSvc
net stop bits
net stop msiserver
ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 catroot2.old
net start wuauserv
net start cryptSvc
net start bits
net start msiserver
net localgroup administrators networkservice /add
net localgroup administrators localservice /add

You might need to take ownership from SoftwareDistribution folder if that doesn't work and do it again. To do so open folder properties, Security, click Advanced, click Owner "Change", Type your username into box, click Check Names, click OK and Apply.

same don't work

Raskon

Prominent
Apr 8, 2019
first do the following as this has been a problem that has happened in the past.

right click the icon to the internet to the left of your speaker icon , click on change adaptor options , right click your internet connection icon and choose properties , click on internet protocol v 4 to highlight it then properties , on the bottom half of the page you are looking at now , click on the button use the following dns , now in the first box you need 8 8 8 8 and in the second you need 8 8 4 4 , finally tick validate settings before exit .

for future reference if you start to install an update and it goes wrong right down the kb number and go to this site.

http://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Home.aspx

type in the kb number in top right , eg kb123 , you will then get a full list of all the versions of the kb number you want , just make sure you install the correct one for your build.

I change settings ipv 4 with 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 but again same
I can't find in website kb123

kb123 does not exist I gave it as an example , when you try to get a windows update that wont download or install write the number of the item down and type it into the search box , you need to put kb followed by the patch number then follow the rest of my instruction

Raskon

Prominent
Apr 8, 2019
kb123 does not exist I gave it as an example , when you try to get a windows update that wont download or install write the number of the item down and type it into the search box , you need to put kb followed by the patch number then follow the rest of my instruction
Go to Settings/System About and Scroll Down to the bottom. What does it say for Version and OS Build.

Windows specification