[SOLVED] Windows 10 Update Problem

drandy2019

Reputable
Dec 8, 2019
I'm having a big problem with the newest windows 10 update.
I tried twice installing it. One time from the website and the other from Windows Update.

The problem I'm having is that the compute screen stays black. Nothing happens for several minutes and I have to shut the computer.
The second time I tried to install it I left it for hours and it got stuck in black screen. No sound, no images of any sort.

Now the PC wants to install the update no matter if I prevent it. I can see that I got a notification that it will install it when not in used and I cannot longer deny that request.
What can I do here?

Solution
that isn't that bad, its people on 1903 they really trying to move. They only support 18 months worth of versions, so last 3. Yours is next on list to go, but not until April. its still supported

You could try a clean install. It might work, or might get stuck on the black screen. I would try to pause it until 21H1 is released. See if its any better.

Colif

Win 11 Master
have you tried to pause it?

go to settings/update & security/windows update
click Advanced options
look under pause updates and choose a date in February

Try updating drivers on PC, that would likely be cause of the black screen. GPU drivers for instance. '

what update is it? it should show in history

Colif

Win 11 Master
most advice for the black screen bug was what i said, update GPU drivers, or revert back to previous version of win 10. So stay on 2004 if that is what you are on now. I have to assume you on an earlier version if its not giving you a choice?

it seems its a common problem with 20H2. Either during or after install.

drandy2019

Reputable
Dec 8, 2019
most advice for the black screen bug was what i said, update GPU drivers, or revert back to previous version of win 10. So stay on 2004 if that is what you are on now. I have to assume you on an earlier version if its not giving you a choice?

it seems its a common problem with 20H2. Either during or after install.
I'm on version 1909

Colif

Win 11 Master
that isn't that bad, its people on 1903 they really trying to move. They only support 18 months worth of versions, so last 3. Yours is next on list to go, but not until April. its still supported

You could try a clean install. It might work, or might get stuck on the black screen. I would try to pause it until 21H1 is released. See if its any better.

Solution

drandy2019

Reputable
Dec 8, 2019
Yours is next on list to go, but not until April. its still supported
Wow, I didn't know about that.
Hopefully they release the newer version soon and doesn't end up having the same bug.