Windows 10 update was stuck for 10+ hours, now my pc won't boot (solved)

Aug 23, 2018
Got a windows 10 update last night. Decided i'd update while i was sleeping. I wake up about 11 hours later to find the update stuck on 90%. Turned my computer off. Now it won't boot. What did i [Moderator note: No profanity. Edited out. Remember this is a family friendly Forum.] up?

UPDATE: So, it turns out, computers are weird. I had gotten more RAM about a month ago, from 8gb to 16gb. In trying to figure out why my computer wouldn't start, I removed one of my 8gb sticks, and lo and behold, it booted up just fine. I let it finish whatever update, turned it off, put the other 8gb stick back in, and everything's working fine now. The only explanation I can come up with is that when I forced my PC to cancel the update, it reverted back to an Image of my computer from before I upgraded my RAM?

Solution
It is not unusual for windows 10 to bork during a windows update, especially on a major update. My suggestion is to back up the data on your hard drive and do a clean install. I usually download a bootable version of knoppix and download all your data.

pug_s

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2003
It is not unusual for windows 10 to bork during a windows update, especially on a major update. My suggestion is to back up the data on your hard drive and do a clean install. I usually download a bootable version of knoppix and download all your data.

Solution