News Windows 10 Update's Latest Casualties: Action Center, Network Adapters

Geef

Distinguished
This happened to me and my friend when he brought over his PC to my place to play games! We couldn't figure it out. We assumed the router was screwed up because we weren't able to get a connection on either PC. I never even considered that windows might be the issue. Lesson Learned.

Reactions: DMAN999

Angelman

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
The network adapter issues aren't exactly new. I've had issues since the 1903 upgrade and have contacted Microsoft on several occasions. My particular issue was related to download speed being capped at about 180 Mbps download on a gigabit service connection. Each time they informed me that it's been a big issue that they've been contacted a lot about and they would have a fix "soon". 4 months later, nothing. I tested on an 1809 hard drive and have no issues on that build. I hope that whatever they put out next resolves all these really stupid issues.

Reactions: 0gati

Colif

Win 11 Master
Win 7 wasn't constantly being upgraded every 6 months like 10 is. You got service packs and patches to fix already inplace features. WIn 10 version updates can change or add new features.

If you only look at bad news, windows 10 looks terrible... but so did all the other ones before it. Its only time that makes the others perfect in your minds. I will take 10 any day over Millenium edition... or even 8.

Reactions: DMAN999

shmoochie

Commendable
May 10, 2018
I'm sorry, but are the autoplaying ads that follow you around the page necessary? I know this isn't related to the article, but it definitely impacted my experience reading it. If I scroll away from something, it means I don't want to look at it anymore. It's not a hard concept.

InvalidError

Titan
I'm glad I have the pro version and have deferred upgrades on top of disabling automatic updates in every way I am aware of so that whenever I manually trigger update checks, they should be limited to patches that still haven't been pulled three months after their initial roll-out.

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
Win 7 wasn't constantly being upgraded every 6 months like 10 is. You got service packs and patches to fix already inplace features. WIn 10 version updates can change or add new features.
I don't want new features! Not forced on me, at least. Let me decide when I want to upgrade.

If you only look at bad news, windows 10 looks terrible... but so did all the other ones before it. Its only time that makes the others perfect in your minds. I will take 10 any day over Millenium edition... or even 8.
I'm calling BS on that. Win 7 has been rock solid for the entire time I've run it (which is since SP1). I don't remember there ever being this kind of news about Win7. Sure, there were a few bad updates, but I think a lot of that happened after MS started trying to push people onto Win10 and took their focus off Win7.

I always kept putting off upgrading to Win10 until it became stable, which it never has. That, and the whole thing about MS' utter disregard for users' privacy.

I'm seriously wishing I could completely drop Windows, rather than go to Win 10, but I need it to work from home. I wish ReactOS were further along. It'd be cool if someone like Google had gotten behind that, in a big way.

Apr 6, 2019
The network adapter issues aren't exactly new. I've had issues since the 1903 upgrade and have contacted Microsoft on several occasions. My particular issue was related to download speed being capped at about 180 Mbps download on a gigabit service connection. Each time they informed me that it's been a big issue that they've been contacted a lot about and they would have a fix "soon". 4 months later, nothing. I tested on an 1809 hard drive and have no issues on that build. I hope that whatever they put out next resolves all these really stupid issues.

I am so glad to see this, i felt like i was going crazy. I also had this issue and have spent the past week trying to troubleshoot. It's nice to see that I'm not the only one.

TRENDING THREADS