[SOLVED] Windows 10 Updates

Mosteeze

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2015
So I updated Windows 10 at the beginning of February.
Unfortunately, it reintroduced a lot of issues that I worked for hours to get rid of,
including a horrible audio crackling issue that comes into play every 10 mins.

Since then I've been keeping up with the recent news of the newest W10 updates,
and apparently it's just getting worse and worse.

Should I actually chance installing these absolute mine fields?
I'm so close to getting rid of the audio issue too.

Thanks in advance for any help.

idTSqoR.png

Solution
I agree, it's been proven.
I'm just a bit unsure of whether I should chance my PC not booting up for another W10 update.
All I can give is my personal experience.
Among all my systems, one running Win 10 since Day 1 of the original TechPreview....zero issues on any Win 10 update.
Not a one.

Of course, I always have a fully recoverable backup, just in case things DO go weird.

Mosteeze

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2015
At some point you will have to bite the bullet, and proceed, as these updates will install. I am keeping my systems fully updated, and I've never had any troubles after installing updates.
I'm afraid you're probably right, quite concerning looking at the thousands of people that are having BIOS issues,
systems not booting and general instability etc.

I guess I'll just have to lay back and cross my fingers, thanks dude.

Mosteeze

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2015
Thousands of people, v a billion installs.

Not saying that there aren't issues with some systems, but it is NOT a usual occurrence.
I mean I don't exactly have the statistics of reported and non reported issues, just chose a word.

I get what you're saying, but there have literally been non-stop threads and articles (on pretty big sites) that have appealed to the general public about how to fix system breaking issues since February (usually how to uninstall that particular KB and backdate), and since I experienced those issues early Feb, it's kind of a click and hope your 2 grand PC turns back on situation.

Not to say that it's the majority of the W10 users, it's just definitely not a tiny percentage.
Seems like Microsoft haven't had their ** together in the past couple of months as with every update they've famously broken more things.

Last edited by a moderator:

USAFRet

Titan
Not to say that it's the majority of the W10 users, it's just definitely not a tiny percentage.
Seems like Microsoft haven't had their ** together in the past couple of months as with every update they've famously broken more things.
Every OS update, on every platform, since computers were a thing....every single one you see some people and systems with issues and/or complaints.

Every single one. Windows, Apple, Linux, Unix, Android, etc, etc, etc.

Mosteeze

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2015
Every OS update, on every platform, since computers were a thing....every single one you see some people and systems with issues and/or complaints.

Every single one. Windows, Apple, Linux, Unix, Android, etc, etc, etc.
I'm just a bit unsure of whether I should chance my PC not booting up for another W10 update.

USAFRet

Titan
Among all my systems, one running Win 10 since Day 1 of the original TechPreview....zero issues on any Win 10 update.
Not a one.

Of course, I always have a fully recoverable backup, just in case things DO go weird.

Solution

Mosteeze

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2015
Not a one.

Indeed, you must do great in RNG based games 😂

+ Good idea, I'll do a backup before I take the plunge for sure.
I need to see your signature picture more often.