Windows 10 upgrade question.

FergyEsHere_

Reputable
Nov 10, 2015
So I'm looking to upgrade windows 10 32bit to windows 10 64bit, will I need a new product key to do this? I have the 64bit files on my USB, I just need to know if I need a new product key. Thanks.

Solution
Hello... I'm sorry if I confused you here... you do not need to add them to the OS install USB. Microsoft OS will install fine without them... But you will need them later too complete your OS install... and having a working internet connection will be needed to get these drivers you will need... if ya got a spare internet computer, then put it off later... the point being, you will not have a working internet computer without them... SO I DL them first to another Spare USB stick. ( preparation )
Hello... Yes... 1) you must do a complete "clean install" of the OS drive to move from 32bit OS to 64 bit OS... Back up any personal DATA from your current OS first. B )
2) Pre download your MB, GPU, Lan, Audio, etc? Hardware drivers for the new 64 bit Win10 version to a USB stick , for faster install results.

FergyEsHere_

Reputable
Nov 10, 2015
Hey, if I don't add the drivers to my usb will they still re-install?

Hello... I'm sorry if I confused you here... you do not need to add them to the OS install USB. Microsoft OS will install fine without them... But you will need them later too complete your OS install... and having a working internet connection will be needed to get these drivers you will need... if ya got a spare internet computer, then put it off later... the point being, you will not have a working internet computer without them... SO I DL them first to another Spare USB stick. ( preparation )

Solution