Windows 10 Upgrade Tool problem

dubfire33

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2010
So I am having an issue when the upgrade tool scans my system.

The computer in question is a small-factor HP with a 64bit AMD Athlon X2. It's a bit older. It has an on-board Nvidia graphics chipset. The chipset comes up as incompatible with Windows 10 according to the upgrade tool. Ok.

I installed a Radeon R5-220. It's working great. I installed the new drivers. When the upgrade tool scans the system it still thinks the old Nvidia chipset is the display output.

Anyone know how I can make this upgrade tool recognize the Radeon card? the new card is definitely Windows 10 compatible.

Solution
wonder if its the motherboard itself that is not compatible. My last motherboard had an Nvidia chipset too, what is the model of the HP in question as you may struggle to get other drivers on Win 10 and the upgrader is trying to warn you away.

dubfire33

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2010

I used the 3Dguru DDU driver uninstaller. Before I posted this I did read the sticky tips post and I found the DDU tip there. the DDU seemed to wipe any instance of a Nvidia display driver from the registry. I seemed to as there are still plenty of references to Nvidia in the registry but they are for IDE controllers, PCI controllers etc. It seems the motherboard in question has a BUS system designed by Nvidia. Which is leading me to believe it could be hard to get this upgrade tool to ignore the Nvidia display.

Colif

Win 11 Master
wonder if its the motherboard itself that is not compatible. My last motherboard had an Nvidia chipset too, what is the model of the HP in question as you may struggle to get other drivers on Win 10 and the upgrader is trying to warn you away.

Solution