Windows 10 Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

SharmaDTS

Honorable
May 25, 2015
Guys I just build my new PC installed genuine Windows 8.1 with all updates completed, But I am not seing that windows button on the bottom right corner which is used for reservation of Windows 10 upgrade
So please suggest me how to get that and reserve for windows 10

Iamsoda

Distinguished

Try checking for updates again. When I start up systems for the first time I usually have to restart and install updates a few times before all are completed.

kgrevemberg

Distinguished
May 2, 2013
you know, I never got the windows button popup on my rig either. Im running win7 with all updates. According to the recommendation im good on all accounts. I know its just like a verification thing but it hadnt happened for me yet.

Iamsoda

Distinguished
I got mine, but I am waiting to see what upgrade options there will be? Can revert back to windows 8 or will my keycode be forever with windows 10? I need to know that myself first, because if windows 10 is bad I don't wanna upgrade.

It wasn't showing for me either. If you google and do a little research (only cause I don't remember all the steps I took) you can force it. It wasn't hard, it involves running a CMD window and entering a command key to enable it. Did that and BAM there it was. No trouble at all.

kgrevemberg

Distinguished
May 2, 2013

I tried two different force command. one of them they said was an updated version just in case. Niether worked for me. Not sure what that would mean but yea.

orlbuckeye

Distinguished

This worked for me on one of my machines.

http://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-get-the-windows-10-upgrade-icon-if-its-missing/

Status
Not open for further replies.