Windows 10 Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhimofGrimm

Reputable
Jul 13, 2015
If i was to upgrade to windows 10 for free from 8.1 and later had to reinstall windows 10 for some reason, wouid i be able to reinstall 10 for free, or have to buy it the second time, unlike where if you have the builders version of a software you can reinstall it as many times as you would like?

Solution
You will not have to pay for the second install, and Microsoft has already said that they would make users capable of doing a clean install as many times as needed on the machine that has the first install.

I have not yet seen details of moving the retail version to another machine though so that is still unknown AFAIK.

RealBeast

Titan
You will not have to pay for the second install, and Microsoft has already said that they would make users capable of doing a clean install as many times as needed on the machine that has the first install.

I have not yet seen details of moving the retail version to another machine though so that is still unknown AFAIK.

Solution

USAFRet

Titan

On the same machine, reinstall is no problem:
From the FAQ: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-10-faq
Can I reinstall Windows 10 on my computer after upgrading?

Yes. Once you’ve upgraded to Windows 10 using the free upgrade offer, you will be able to reinstall, including a clean install, on the same device. You won’t need to purchase Windows 10 or go back to your prior version of Windows and upgrade again.

You’ll also be able to create your own installation media like a USB drive or DVD, and use that to upgrade your device or reinstall after you’ve upgraded.

Status
Not open for further replies.