Windows 10 Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 7, 2015
Recently upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 Pro 64
Everything went smoothly up until the restart. Now, my desk top is flashing, Icons appear intermittently, and a Flag pops up saying "AsusSetup: Does not support this Operating System : WNT_6.3P_64".

Mobo: Asus Sabertooth X79
CPU: Intel i7 3820 Sandy Bridge
Bios: Version 4801

Is there a fix for this?
Or a way to revert back to previous OS?

Unable to click or open anything at this time.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Solution
Based off what I've read of similar issues, I think this is a driver issue. Looks like you're using a BIOS that's a beta version (not sure if that's a factor). There's also a chipset for Windows 10, version 10.0.27, if you don't already have that.

You can revert back to your previous OS if you upgraded to Windows 10 but did not do a clean install. You can access this in the Recovery menu in Settings. But if you can't click or open anything, that might be an issue..

Titillating

Expert
Ambassador
Based off what I've read of similar issues, I think this is a driver issue. Looks like you're using a BIOS that's a beta version (not sure if that's a factor). There's also a chipset for Windows 10, version 10.0.27, if you don't already have that.

You can revert back to your previous OS if you upgraded to Windows 10 but did not do a clean install. You can access this in the Recovery menu in Settings. But if you can't click or open anything, that might be an issue..

Solution
Aug 7, 2015

Thanks!
I am able to mash the "5" "F5" key during startup to get into the "Advanced settings" and startup in "Safe Mode" however Networking is disabled (even when selecting that option), so reverting back shouldn't be an issue.
I looked at the ASUS site for my MOBO and all drivers are current or as current as can be. Yes, the BIOS does look like it's a beta version but I'm not sure if ASUS is going to update their drivers menu. The board is only about 2 years old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS