windows 10, upgrading the cpu, motherboard, and ram.

Jareck

Commendable
Aug 25, 2016
I've heard online that you can uninstall certain drivers on windows 10 to be able to keep all of your files when upgrading parts. I am fairly confident that I will be able to reactivate windows once the upgrade is complete. I am just looking for an answer on what to do before the upgrade. If worst comes to worst i have an extra copy of windows 7 but I have come to like the stability of windows 10 and I would again very much prefer to keep all of my files. Thanks.

Jareck

Commendable
Aug 25, 2016
yes I am aware that my windows 10 is linked to my microsoft account, but i wish to keep my files upon upgrading my parts. what i need to know in order to do that is what i have to do to before changing my parts, i know i need to uninstall some drivers for my motherboard but i dont know anything past that.

Jareck

Commendable
Aug 25, 2016
i dont have any extra drives that will be able to backup my currently near full 2Tb hard drive. again i have heard online that it is possible to change boards without doing a clean install, but i have yet to find anything that explains the process in doing so.