Question Windows 10 USB boot drive won't load and always end up with blue screen instead

Nov 1, 2020
I thought my main problem was just my inaccessible HDD because the Boot Configuration Data (BCD) is missing.

Searched for some answers and one of the most promising way to fix the missing BCD is by using a bootable drive and use the command prompt it has.

I made a boot drive and I encountered my second problem, my pc won't run the boot drive and went blue screen instead.

I thought, maybe my RAMs are also broken, ran a memtest and they're completely fine.

I'm at a dead end, I wanna use boot drive to fix it but it won't do it, I thought I might have to replace something but I don't know what to replace.

Nov 1, 2020
How did you make the boot USB drive?

Thanks for replying, I appreciate it.

Media creation tool like usual.

I've found the problem why it goes blue screen now, my broken HDD with no BCD was plugged. It runs the windows installation tool perfectly without the broken HDD. My problem now is just, how do I rebuild the BCD of my broken HDD without using the media creation tool?

It's either rebuild the BCD or recover the files from the broken HDD and get a new replacement this time.