Windows 10 - USB Device Not Recognized repeated over and over again

Hello all,
I've run into a real headache here. To start off, here's my specs

Intel Pentium G4560 (no overclock)
ASRock B250M-HDV
8GB DDR3 2133MHz
Nvidia OEM GTX 760 ti (no overclock)
240GB Samsung SSD 850 EVO (boot and games)
1TB WD Black HDD (main storage)
2TB WD Blue HDD (File History)
Seasonic M12ii 520W Bronze EVO Edition

Nothing overheats. I can run AIDA64 System Stability test for hours without issue and real world use also confirms that nothing goes above 70C.

Now here's my headache:
Seemingly without reason, rhyme or rhythm, I'll get a message from the Action Center telling me that a USB device has malfunctioned and wasn't recognized. I've tried restarting the PC without any USB devices connected (not even mouse/KB), and I still got the error after it ran for a few minutes. Strangely enough, it seemed to wait until well after everything startup related had finished and the system had calmed down to idle before giving the error.

So that means it's not an external USB device, right?

I don't have any USB controller cards or anything to add extra ports, so I would imagine that it's something on the motherboard.

Here is the information I've found from Device Manager regarding the "malfunctioning" device:
General Tab
Device Type:
Code:
Universal Serial Bus controllers
Manufacturer:
Code:
(Standard USB Host Controller)
Port_#0003.Hub_#0001
Device Status:
Code:
Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

A request for the USB device descriptor failed.
Driver Tab
Driver Provider:
Code:
Microsoft
Driver Date:
Code:
6/21/2006
Driver Version:
Code:
Driver Signer:
Code:
Microsoft Windows
Details Tab
Device description:
Code:
Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)
Device instance path:
Code:
USB\VID_0000&PID_0002\5&222E27AA&0&3
Hardware IDs:
Code:
USB\DEVICE_DESCRIPTOR_FAILURE
Code:
DN_HAS_PROMLEM
DN_DISABLEABLE
DN_REMOVABLE
DN_NT_ENUMERATOR
DN_NT_DRIVER
Problem code:
Code:
0000002B
Config flags:
Code:
Inf name:
Code:
usb.inf
Inf section:
Code:
BADDEVICE.Dev.NT
Address:
Code:
BIOS device name:
Code:
\_SB.PCI0.XHC.RHUB.HS03
Physical Device Location:
Code:
01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 01 00 80 01 00 00 00 00 FF FF FF FF
Physical Device Object name:
Code:
\Device\USBPDO-2
Power data:
Code:
Current power state:
D3

Power capabilities:
PDCAP_D0_SUPPORTED
PDCAP_D3_SUPPORTED
PDCAP_WAKE_FROM_D0_SUPPORTED

Power state mappings:
S0 -> D0
S1 -> D2
S2 -> D2
S3 -> D2
S4 -> D2
S5 -> D3
Events Tab
Events:
Code:
At 11/5/2017 11:04:10 AM, Device configured (usb.inf) happened.
At 11/5/2017 11:04:10 AM, Device not started happened.
At 11/8/2017 7:46:09 PM, Device Deleted happened. (Please note that I didn't delete the device)
At 11/8/2017 7:46:42 PM, Device configured (usb.inf) happened.
At 11/8/2017 7:46:42 PM, Device not started happened.

Information:
Code:
Device USB\VID_0000&PID_0002\5&222e27aa&0&3 had a problem starting.

Driver Name: usb.inf
Class Guid: {36FC9E60-C465-11CF-8056-444553540000}
Service: 
Lower Filters: 
Upper Filters: 
Problem: 0x2B
Problem Status: 0x0

So far, I've tried updating my USB drivers, but ASRock doesn't list any in the downloads for Windows 10 for my board. I guess they just want us all to use the Microsoft generic USB drivers.

If anyone can find the specific drivers for my onboard USB stuff, here's some information on what is working:

Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.0 (Microsoft)
Hardware IDs:
Code:
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A2AF&SUBSYS_A2AF1849&REV_00
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A2AF&SUBSYS_A2AF1849
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A2AF&CC_0C0330
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A2AF&CC_0C03

USB Root Hub (USB 3.0)
Hardware IDs:
Code:
USB\ROOT_HUB30&VID8086&PIDA2AF&REV0000
USB\ROOT_HUB30&VID8086&PIDA2AF
USB\ROOT_HUB30

When I Googled these, I got multiple results and wasn't sure what to go with. I don't know if new drivers will solve my issue or not.

Also, I've tried turning off Windows Power Management bullcrap for these devices by not allowing USB power savings in Choose A Power Plan, and I've unchecked "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" in the Power Management tab for the devices who's IDs are listed above. No change.

Any and all advice is welcome.

Thank you in advance,

Darren

Solution
The only other physical thing I can think of is to carefully inspect the rear panel ports for damage whereby a connector is grounding, etc.. I've also seen the USB header leads pulled off the motherboard rear panels.

The only software thing I can think of it to simply uninstall all the USB devices under device manager and allow them to re detect.

None for Windows 10.

j5h4uB8.png

Yeah, the one called Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) has an exclamation point. I gave all the information about it in the post.

I've tried uninstalling it, it comes back after a restart.

I've tried hitting the Update Drivers button. Troubleshooter says I already have the best drivers for it. I hit Search For Updated Drivers On Windows Update, Windows Update doesn't find anything for it.

Mark RM

Admirable
The only other physical thing I can think of is to carefully inspect the rear panel ports for damage whereby a connector is grounding, etc.. I've also seen the USB header leads pulled off the motherboard rear panels.

The only software thing I can think of it to simply uninstall all the USB devices under device manager and allow them to re detect.

Solution
I would run regedit look for upperfilters and lowerfilters.

Did you install some kind of program for backup?? To USB or something. Or install a program that has something to do with USB?

I have a feeling, it's something you installed, and its added its driver to one of the above. This will stop it from working

Okay well all of the ports work fine when I plug different types of devices into them. And the USB 3 ports do operate at USB 3 speeds.

Through figuring out the syntax of a hardware ID, I was able to find the name of one of my Controllers.

I'm gonna go with Intel® USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver 5.0.4.43. Currently I'm running a Microsoft driver called USBXHCI.sys.

I'm working on finding drivers from Intel for my other controller. It's just that the website http://pci-ids.ucw.cz/ takes some getting used to and I'm still having to look at cheat sheets to pull the info I need out of hardware IDs.