Question Windows 10 usb freezes right before boot up

Jun 30, 2020
CPU - Ryzen 9 3900X
Motherboard- Aorus X570 Elite Wifi
GPU - RTX 2080 super
SSD - XPG 512 GB
HDD - Seagate 4TB
RAM - XPG DDR4 32 gb (2x16)

This is a brand new build that I put together myself. I bought the USB from Microsoft with everything preloaded on it for Windows 10 Home. I plug it in and I have no issues at first. I have the choice to select 64 bit and 32 bit. I can leave this screen up for as long as I want with no problems. It’s when I select 64 bit is when I have trouble. The blue windows logo and dots that spin in a circle about twice up, and then everything freezes, and my chassis and cpu fans even stop when this happens. Sometimes, it’s not the windows logo, it’s my motherboard manufacturers logo that pops up with the spinning circles and that randomly switches, although the outcome is the same. Also, when my computer restarts, it never goes into repair mode like it’s supposed to after 3-4 hard reboots. Sometimes it goes in loops, sometimes it just freezes. I can’t for the life of me figure out what it is and would take any advice I can get before I have to take a brand new pc to a repair shop.

-I’ve tried downloading the media tool from their website off of a correctly formatted usb as well and it didn’t work
-I tried the .iso file to as well with no success.
  • I have tried booting in safe mode.
  • I updated my BIOS, reset my CMOS, and have removed my HDD and SDD as well as a RAM stick.
-I’ve turned off all legacy modes
-I’ve let it run for an hour or so because I know that works for some people, but with the cpu and chasis fans not running when the blue windows logo pops up and the circles spin and everything freezes, I felt like the image was frozen on the monitor but the computer wasn’t actually doing anything, which I could be wrong.

Thanks!

Bassplate

Reputable
Does your System still reboots and freezes while you are still in BIOS?
I had the exact same problem ones and what i have done really helped me!
I would say to redownload the NEW Media creation Tool 2004(1909 version)
Link Here=https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10
Then RUN the Media creation tool as Administrator and insert your USB Device.
then select the USB flash drive for your Installation File
windows-media-creation-tool.jpg

When the process is done Reboot your Computer and make your USB as 1st boot order in Bios and Boot Directly to your USB flash Drive...Enter the Windows 10 Setup and install windows again.
When the installation has finished and it says to restart your Computer or it will restart at 15seconds....let 15seconds run out and remember to pull out your USB drive when the computer has restarted.
This will surely help i Hope so
Good Luck. :benetton::benetton:

Jun 30, 2020
Does your System still reboots and freezes while you are still in BIOS?
I had the exact same problem ones and what i have done really helped me!
I would say to redownload the NEW Media creation Tool 2004(1909 version)
Link Here=https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10
Then RUN the Media creation tool as Administrator and insert your USB Device.
then select the USB flash drive for your Installation File
windows-media-creation-tool.jpg

When the process is done Reboot your Computer and make your USB as 1st boot order in Bios and Boot Directly to your USB flash Drive...Enter the Windows 10 Setup and install windows again.
When the installation has finished and it says to restart your Computer or it will restart at 15seconds....let 15seconds run out and remember to pull out your USB drive when the computer has restarted.
This will surely help i Hope so
Good Luck. :benetton::benetton:
This was actually my first method before I resorted to buying the official usb. I had the same results, with the screen freezing along with my chasis and cpu fans. I even went on a Mac and tried the .iso files to no avail. My system works perfectly fine in the bios, minus it being laggy sometimes. But the bios has never crashed on me or anything like that, and it has updated fine.

Jun 30, 2020
Okay. So not even the computer shop could fix it... they said I should get a new motherboard. Doesn’t really make sense to me because it’s compatible and brand new. Pardon my French but <Mod Edit> this <Mod Edit>.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 30, 2020
I called them back because they weren’t very clear on what the issue exactly was, and I know this motherboard is compatible with my hardware. Im at least 95% sure, I checked it with pcpartpicker before I bought anything. I asked if it was faulty and they didn’t really give me a straight answer and it just seemed like they didn’t want to tell me they don’t exactly know what’s wrong with it. I want to get the same motherboard I have now if this one is faulty. If it’s faulty it just doesn’t make sense to me that the bios starts and I have no problems on it, as well as the leds light up on the motherboard. Stumped. I think I’m just going to buy a new motherboard and move the build onto it to avoid problems all together and just pray to god windows will boot to it and I can finally play video games on this god damn thing. If it doesn’t I honesty don’t know what I’m going to do, and I’m kind of skeptical to buy another motherboard because the last one I bought was brand new, and I’m not even 100% sure if it’s faulty. Any suggestions?

Last edited: