Windows 10 USB not recognized Error 43 Zowie FK1 Mouse!

SwanK_tv

Reputable
Jan 31, 2016
So, I've had this error before - and I looked online and somehow fixed it in the past, and now I've completely forgot the methods I used to fix it!

I have 2 mice, the Razer DeathAdder Chroma & the Zowie FK1.

The DeathAdder Chroma comes with required software (Razer Synapse) to change DPI, Polling rate, and other settings.

The FK1 is plug-and-play, and is driverless.

When I unplug my DeathAdder and put my FK1 in, Windows 10 doesn't recognize the USB.

I've done everything I can, I've googled all over the place, but all the YouTube videos are 99% dislikes and aren't helpful.

List of things I've done:

Re-installed Generic USB Hub drivers
Re-started PC with FK1 plugged in
Unplugged & Replugged FK1 when on desktop
Tried to re-install drivers for FK1 (But Windows 10 won't install new USB info)
Changed ports, changed motherboard USB ports too

My DeathAdder works fine, but my FK1 won't work with Windows 10.

Keep in mind, I had this issue 2 months ago and somehow fixed it. I forgot what I did! So I know it isn't a faulty-mouse problem.

Lutfij

Titan
Why not have both mouses connected to your system? Use the one you'll need at that given time yet have both connected to system while OS recognizes both devices and has the appropriate drivers installed. In any case can you please pass on your full systems specs? Have you also ruled out that the mouse didn't die prematurely by hooking it to another machine in your household or among your friends? Furthermore have you tried hooking both mouses and using the deathadder to scan for hardware changes while in device manager?

Might I also suggest running a repair install and see if the issue is averted.

SwanK_tv

Reputable
Jan 31, 2016

My PC specs are as follows:

Intel i5-4670k Overclocked to 4.5Ghz cooled by a Cooler Master Hyper TX3 with (one) 120mm fan
8GB RAM 1600Mhz G.Skill Sniper Series 2x4GB
EVGA GeForce GTX 770 2GB Superclocked /w ACX Cooler
ASRock Z87M Extreme4 LGA 1150 Motherboard
EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750W 80+ Bronze Certified

I don't have another PC to test the mouse on, and I've fixed this issue before. I just don't remember how.

I do have both mice plugged in, because the FK1 wont even allow the cursor to pop up. Windows will attempt to install the drivers 1/4 times I plug the FK1 in, but then says something like "Failed to install drivers for ZOWIEGEAR Gaming Mouse"