[SOLVED] Windows 10 Version 2004/21H1

Oct 25, 2021
Hello,
I want to buy a program for which Windows 10 Version 2004 or 21H1 is required. Here on the market many Windows 10 Home and Pro OS are sold. But their versions are not given. When I ask, I get unsatisfactory answers. Aren't Windows 10 Version 2004 or 21H1 sold? If not sold, which one do I have to buy for updating, home or pro? I will very much appreciate your help?

Solution
The license applies to all versions of windows 10. Home and Pro will both try to be on the current or latest version. WIn 10 sees 3 versions as current, so 20H1 is still seen as current now, once 21H2 is out anyone on 20H1 will find windows trying to update to at least 20H2

There are exceptions, some PC lack drivers or have other features that will break if upgraded past a certain version. But for most it applies.

Windows will update itself to the latest version if the hardware is capable of running it. Install an older version and it will try to update you to 2004/21H1. Might even try to upgrade to windows 11 right now.

If you buy windows 10 and want to be on latest version, just download the Windows 10 media creation tool...
Oct 25, 2021
Hello,
I want to buy a program for which Windows 10 Version 2004 or 21H1 is required. Here on the market many Windows 10 Home and Pro OS are sold. But their versions are not given. When I ask, I get unsatisfactory answers. Aren't Windows 10 Version 2004 or 21H1 sold? If not sold, which one do I have to buy for updating, home or pro? I will very much appreciate your help?

The disc really doenst matter when buying Windows 10, you're really paying for the license key that comes with it. You can go to Microsoft's webpage LINK and download the latest version of the OS and install it.

If you already have windows 10 you can click on the start button and type WINVER and hit enter, a small window will pop up and tell you what version of windows you are on.

Reactions: msger
Oct 25, 2021
The disc really doenst matter when buying Windows 10, you're really paying for the license key that comes with it. You can go to Microsoft's webpage LINK and download the latest version of the OS and install it.

If you already have windows 10 you can click on the start button and type WINVER and hit enter, a small window will pop up and tell you what version of windows you are on.
Thank you for the answer. Do you mean that both Home and Pro can be updated to 2004 or 21H1.

Colif

Win 11 Master
The license applies to all versions of windows 10. Home and Pro will both try to be on the current or latest version. WIn 10 sees 3 versions as current, so 20H1 is still seen as current now, once 21H2 is out anyone on 20H1 will find windows trying to update to at least 20H2

There are exceptions, some PC lack drivers or have other features that will break if upgraded past a certain version. But for most it applies.

Windows will update itself to the latest version if the hardware is capable of running it. Install an older version and it will try to update you to 2004/21H1. Might even try to upgrade to windows 11 right now.

If you buy windows 10 and want to be on latest version, just download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB, and then use it to install. As said before, you pay for license, the installer is free.

21H2 is actually Windows 11 so I wonder if it will be the same on WIn 10
2qZXikL.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: msger
Solution

TRENDING THREADS