[SOLVED] Windows 10 versions

So I have a laptop that originally came with Windows 10 home. I want to install Windows 10 Pro, I have license keys for Windows 10 pro, but The Windows ISO installer defaults to Windows 10 home when booting from the ISO.. How do I bypass that automatic install of of 10 home and do a clean install with a refurb Windows 10 Pro license? I am an old school Microsoft registered refurbisher. I have Windows 10 Licenses, but if I boot from the Windows 10 ISO it automatically installs 10 home because that is what the machine is originially licensed for. If I put in the 10 Pro license on the upgrade license screen it says it can't activate the license, but I have tried with 3 license keys so far and those activated just fine on other machines... just not this one.. how to bypass and put in my own license key?

Solution
To Upgrade from Home to Pro, you just need to change the license key.

File Explorer
Right click on 'This PC'
Select Properties
At the bottom, you should see a link to change the license key
Input the Pro license, and it will upgrade itself from Home to Pro

Assuming, of course, you have a valid Win 10 Pro license.
Where did this Pro license come from?

USAFRet

Titan
To Upgrade from Home to Pro, you just need to change the license key.

File Explorer
Right click on 'This PC'
Select Properties
At the bottom, you should see a link to change the license key
Input the Pro license, and it will upgrade itself from Home to Pro

Assuming, of course, you have a valid Win 10 Pro license.
Where did this Pro license come from?

Solution
as a registered refurbisher, we buy our license keys from an authorized refurbisher... I have never had an issue with keys, I have tried the route you suggested, I used 3 different license keys and none would upgrade to pro... but when using those 3 keys on other machines they worked fine to activate windows 10 Pro.

USAFRet

Titan
as a registered refurbisher, we buy our license keys from an authorized refurbisher... I have never had an issue with keys, I have tried the route you suggested, I used 3 different license keys and none would upgrade to pro... but when using those 3 keys on other machines they worked fine to activate windows 10 Pro.
Given a valid, otherwise unused license key, those steps work.
I've done it many many times.

Maybe take this up with your refurbisher.

eh, I am the refurbisher, been doing this for 18 years and own my own store... our licenses come from a legit refurbisher that we've used for several years.... the 3 I tried activated on other machines, this one laptop that I want to upgrade from home to pro just wont do it... was just curious really if there was a work around from the Windows 10 ISO automatically installing the original OS so I can install the OS I want... Windows 10 ISO seems to have a mind of it's own.

USAFRet

Titan
eh, I am the refurbisher, been doing this for 18 years and own my own store... our licenses come from a legit refurbisher that we've used for several years.... the 3 I tried activated on other machines, this one laptop that I want to upgrade from home to pro just wont do it... was just curious really if there was a work around from the Windows 10 ISO automatically installing the original OS so I can install the OS I want... Windows 10 ISO seems to have a mind of it's own.
"we buy our license keys from an authorized refurbisher "
Either the license keys work, or they do not. Contact your source. Or Microsoft.

Booting from a valid Win 10 USB, what is on the system (Home or Pro) cannot influence what you eventually install.
Delete all existing partitions and continue.

Thanks for your input, I was able to bypass the ISO picking the OS and was able to install Pro and install a refurb key. I was just looking for an option to bypass the ISO picking the version it wanted to install, this was for a personal laptop, not even one I was selling, I found a registry key to fix what I was looking to do... this was never about licensing, which I have dealt with for many many years... I figured it out myself... but thank you for your non-assistance.