[SOLVED] Windows 10 wallpaper loop HELP NEEDED

Noctur

Commendable
Jan 9, 2021
I posted a video of what it looks like, to explain I had turned my pc off before vacation and I return a few weeks later to this. First when it was starting up it said it was repairing my C drive then the auto repair failed, but when I finally got to the login screen it’s in some refreshing loop where it doesn’t allow me to press anything. I believe I have the latest windows update and I’ve tried to uninstall the latest updates using the tool options yet it just gives me and error. I’ve factory reset every thing and it still does this please I need help

Solution
On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB - its just a boot drive

Do you know how to start PC from USB?

what I am going to do is show how to set PC up so you can get to safe mode from start up, its normally off
boot from installer
on screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install.
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose command prompt
Enter these BOLD commands and press ENTER after each.

(Note the colon after C with no space; then the spaces which are important - one after T before / & T before { & } before B & Y before L)

C:

BCDEDIT /SET {DEFAULT} BOOTMENUPOLICY LEGACY

EXIT

You are back to the boot screen -> Shutdown the computer...

Colif

Win 11 Master
On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB - its just a boot drive

Do you know how to start PC from USB?

what I am going to do is show how to set PC up so you can get to safe mode from start up, its normally off
boot from installer
on screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install.
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose command prompt
Enter these BOLD commands and press ENTER after each.

(Note the colon after C with no space; then the spaces which are important - one after T before / & T before { & } before B & Y before L)

C:

BCDEDIT /SET {DEFAULT} BOOTMENUPOLICY LEGACY

EXIT

You are back to the boot screen -> Shutdown the computer.

Boot back up and "immediately" start tapping F8 (That means power button - then F8).

Hopefully that should get you into Safe Mode.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To reverse that you can use the same steps and type these (again note spaces)

C:

BCDEDIT /SET {DEFAULT} BOOTMENUPOLICY STANDARD

Restart but F8 will not work now.

now see if you get same behaviour in safe mode
then see if any of this helps - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ndows-10-47d5b0a7-89ea-1321-ec47-dc262675fc7b

Solution