Question Windows 10 watermark

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulosK

Reputable
May 25, 2019
Hi! Long story short I downloaded the free version of windows 10 thinking that the watermark wouldnt be that irritating, but I was wrong. I could buy a key, but I have no intention of giving microsoft 100€ for an os. (Seriously why do they ask 100€ for an os, linux is much superior than windows 10. The only reason that I installed windows for my new pc is that I dont know if they give us any programs in university that are not supported on linux. The only con of linux is the crapy support from a lot of programs and videogames.) So, does anyone know any way to hide that watermark? I have found a way that you change some options on regedit, but i am a bit concerned that this might be something similar to delete system 32.

PaulosK

Reputable
May 25, 2019
Nope, because it doesn't support most of my extensive Windows applications that I need.
This is the only reason to not use linux. For gaming you have wine and other free software. If your computer is slow lubuntu is the ideal os for you. You also have an appstore. Linux is much safer than windows. You can customise the os however you want. You dont have to worry about that microsoft might psying on you thing. Finally, it is completely free and you have more than 1 option available. You don't like lubuntu? You can use ubuntu or any other distro available.

"This is the only reason to not use linux"

That may well be, but it's a deal-breaker as far as I'm concerned. I'm not interested in using any Windows alternative.

Anyhow, this is going off-topic. The thread is about Windows, not Linux distros.
If you want to promote the benefits of Linux, please post on the "Open Source" forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.