Windows 10 weird DPI scaling on laptop.

xjmanax

Honorable
Mar 7, 2012
Hey guys so I just purchased a brand new MSI GS63VR laptop and I'm loving it so far, the 1060 is almost as powerful as the desktop one! So I'm having the dpi issue like many other have had and probably will have where text is either blurred or too small. When I disable display scaling for high resolution display under the properties of the app that's blurry, the text gets extremely small. On my desktop monitor with the same resolution as my laptop (1920 x 1080) I have to scroll to see my full game library,while on the laptop display, my whole library fits with room to spare. I wouldn't mind the blurry text if it didn't occur in other programs. On steam everything is tiny but it carries on to steam games and other applications to the point where they become almost unplayable. I have tried all the fixes I have seen and none work. What I was thinking is fooling windows into thinking my display is around 24" instead of 15.6" to see if it would change all the icons sizes without making them extremely blurry and also enlarging my games and apps a little. I would love to test that and any other ideas or help you guys could give me, thanks!

xjmanax

Honorable
Mar 7, 2012

1920 * 1080, systems set to native and all my drivers up to date.