Windows 10 wifi 150m max download on 3 different adapters with gig service.

Jul 13, 2018
I have a Dell Inspirion 5559 which has 802.11ac. I have 1gig service that I just upgraded to. With default adapter with latest driver I can only get a download around 120m with 40m upload. I have tried two different USB adapers both Netgear one a6100 and their latest Nighthawk AC1900 with the same download speeds with the highest being 150m download. I have tried disabling antivirus and firewalls, latest USB drivers and pretty much everything suggested. I can put laptop next to router same thing so signal strengh is not the problem. I have two Iphone 8s and they download around 450m and thats on the second story of my house. If I switch to 2.4 versus 5.0 all that does is cut my speed in half. I have tried ethernet but adapter is only 100m so no help. Any thoughts?

Solution
Are you sure that you disabled all of the other wired and wireless adapters?

Only one network adapter should be enabled at a time.

Also try running the built-in Windows 10 troubleshooters. The troubleshooters may find and fix something.

"WIN" + "I" > "Update & Security" > Troubleshoot.

Ralston18

Titan
Are you sure that you disabled all of the other wired and wireless adapters?

Only one network adapter should be enabled at a time.

Also try running the built-in Windows 10 troubleshooters. The troubleshooters may find and fix something.

"WIN" + "I" > "Update & Security" > Troubleshoot.

Solution
Jul 13, 2018
Tried all your suggestions before posting. Only thing that has changed is that Xfinity gig service was added and new Xfinity XB6 1gig modem/router. My desktop connected via lan downloads at an average around 880m upload 40-50m