[SOLVED] Windows 10 will not boot

Mar 15, 2021
Hiya, I built my pc a few days ago everything was working fine until today, I installed some drivers off msi website went to load a game and pc crashed.

When I restarted it, it got to the windows logo and spinning dots but doesnt load, at this point my keyboard and mouse turn off, every other time I restart the pc it goes to preparing automatic repair but then goes to a black screen.

I've tried reinstalling windows 10 but when I boot it from the usb I get the windows logo then a blue screen.
I've tried using only one stick of ram and using different slots, tried booting into safe mode but it keeps doing the automatic repair and black screening.
Even tried reseting the csm from the bios, jumping and taking the battery out to no avail.

I'm running a msi b550 gaming edge wifi mbo,
Gtx 980ti
Vengeance 3200mhz ram
Ryzen 3800x

I don't know what else to try, but its driving me crazy, thank you in advance.

Solution
I'm reinstalling windows 10 at the moment just to make sure, I did unplug my other 2 hard drives they couldn't have caused the issue could they?
shouldn't have, only if either show in the boot order in bios.
when you put them back in, look in boot order and make sure only the C drive is there (might be called windows boot manager)
With only win 10 ssd in when you install it means windows won't share itself around during the install, it will add itself to boot partitions if they exist, or use blank space on hdd for other partitions. Giving it only 1 drive stops it doing that.

Colif

Win 11 Master
put USB into PC
in the boot submenu in settings tab of the bios, does it show Boot Override as an option?
if so, choose it and pick the USB with win 10 on it (it might say UEFI before USB name)
PC should restart and boot from USB'
it should run installer if it did before

your bios has secure erase built in, if you can't get past the blue screen you can wipe ssd and start again.
its on settings/Advanced tab in bios (see page 54 of manual for both it and Boot submenu - https://download.msi.com/archive/mnu_exe/mb/E7C91v1.1.pdf

follow this guide: https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq/how-to-do-a-clean-installation-of-windows-10.3170366/

I wonder what drivers you installed that broke windows. Guess you shouldn't do that next time.

Reactions: Lrc1992
Mar 15, 2021
I shall give those a try thank you, funny thing is they were all official drivers which is weird definitely wont be doing that again. I shall let you know what happens when I wipe the sad.

Colif

Win 11 Master
I'm reinstalling windows 10 at the moment just to make sure, I did unplug my other 2 hard drives they couldn't have caused the issue could they?
shouldn't have, only if either show in the boot order in bios.
when you put them back in, look in boot order and make sure only the C drive is there (might be called windows boot manager)
With only win 10 ssd in when you install it means windows won't share itself around during the install, it will add itself to boot partitions if they exist, or use blank space on hdd for other partitions. Giving it only 1 drive stops it doing that.

Solution