Windows 10 will not load

korat2000

Honorable
Dec 23, 2015
I have an Acer Aspire notebook ( INTEL I3-2350M / 8 GM RAM ) with windows 10 ( which was automatically upgraded from WIN 7 upon the release of WIN 10 ) and the notebook will not load win 10. I tried running a Win 10 installation cd and that too will not load - all I get in an error code 0xc0000185. I tried running a WIN 7 installation cd but that too will not load. Could it be that there is a problem with the hard drive?

Solution
1| Recreate a bootable USB installer
2| Go into BIOS and see if boot order is correct and try and use new bootable media to initiate an installation or a troubleshoot sequence. In the mean time please see if your HDD and other bootable devices are listed in your BIOS. If not then they are not detected or have passed away. Remove laptop batter y and disconnect from the wall as well as removing CMOS battery for 5 mins before replacing and powering back up.

See if the installation ensues.

Could you please pass on the specific model number for your Acer laptop? It may also be a BIOS update that may be necessary to proceed with installation.

Might also want to read into these...

Lutfij

Titan
1| Recreate a bootable USB installer
2| Go into BIOS and see if boot order is correct and try and use new bootable media to initiate an installation or a troubleshoot sequence. In the mean time please see if your HDD and other bootable devices are listed in your BIOS. If not then they are not detected or have passed away. Remove laptop batter y and disconnect from the wall as well as removing CMOS battery for 5 mins before replacing and powering back up.

See if the installation ensues.

Could you please pass on the specific model number for your Acer laptop? It may also be a BIOS update that may be necessary to proceed with installation.

Might also want to read into these:
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/windows-10-error-code-0xc0000185-default-boot/af50c8f9-cdd6-4ad5-ba05-d454882ab742
http://windowsreport.com/windows-error-code-0xc0000185/

Solution