Question Windows 10 will not start up

Feb 24, 2022
Reactions: mainmawn
Feb 24, 2022
Do you have a other device to run this drive? check if everything is on there. If you dont have any data on there, or it is not important. try a usb install
No I don’t have another device to try it on. If I use a usb to get to the blue screen I can click on restore from system Image recovery I can see my hard drives and everything on them both

Feb 24, 2022
When I start my computer up it says
PXE-E53: No boot filename received
And then go’s straight into bios.
So I don’t know if that’s what’s causing the problem.

When I start my computer up it says
PXE-E53: No boot filename received
And then go’s straight into bios.
So I don’t know if that’s what’s causing the problem.
I think pxe is a option to boot a computer from a remote network image.
rather than a local boot image like from a DVD,cdrom, usb device, or SSD or regular hard drive.

go into bios and see if you can select a different boot device on your local machine. check the data and power cables to any local device you want to boot from.
it might be under boot priority. or maybe disable network boot options or pxe.

pxe is generally used by admins to manage machines remotely. IE do clean installs of windows without having to physically going to the machine.
hopefully, it is just a bios setting mistake rather than a drive failure

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2022
I think pxe is a option to boot a computer from a remote network image.
rather than a local boot image like from a DVD,cdrom, usb device, or SSD or regular hard drive.

go into bios and see if you can select a different boot device on your local machine. check the data and power cables to any local device you want to boot from.
it might be under boot priority. or maybe disable network boot options or pxe.

pxe is generally used by admins to manage machines remotely. IE do clean installs of windows without having to physically going to the machine.
hopefully, it is just a bios setting mistake rather than a drive failure
I will try all that and I will get back to you. Thank you.