[SOLVED] Windows 10 will sometimes freeze then run very slowly until restarted

May 14, 2020
After update 2004, things will feel like they froze, then everything just goes extremely slow, but a restart seems to eliminate the problem. (ryzen 3600-asrock b450 pro 4, gtx 1070ti)

Solution
@Sohom, yeah i did check, remember boss, is doing in idle not full load :p in windows 10 i never use game mode, or new future, hardware-accelerated gpu bla bla or variable refresh rate, graphics performance preference, this are options for microsoft games not for our daily games , btw the 3600 has a Nzxt x52 for cooling, and the case is phanteks 600s, i got very great airflow and temperature, this are my priority in pc, thank you for your time bud, appreciated! <3
Ps: i never had more than 65 celsius on my cpu and 67 gpu, very low chance something is throttling.
First of all, game mode is already activated by default on windows 10, u need to manually disable it or else it will be activated while gaming and the...
I had a roughly similar problem with three different PCs after updating to 2004, that was solved by going back to 1909. On one of the affected systems I noticed errors a/o warnings in the event viewer relating to Windows Search/ESENT. It's possible disabling the search service could help.

May 14, 2020
I did use SHUTUP 10 sir and nothing happened after yesterday. the pc was not turn off for 2 days now, and everything is smooth, thank you for your intentions and your time, much love guys!

May 14, 2020
pff @[B]Sohom[/B] he did this morning again, last night i shutdown computer, for the first time, after i use shutup10 and first think i did, i turn chrome-youtube-music, than i got the slow crap desktop :p

pff @[B]Sohom[/B] he did this morning again, last night i shutdown computer, for the first time, after i use shutup10 and first think i did, i turn chrome-youtube-music, than i got the slow crap desktop :p
Try to see which process is using the cpu the most at that time... also check the SMART values of the HDD with HDDsentinel and post it here... also go to power settings and disable fast start up...

May 14, 2020
@[B]Sohom[/B] dear sir, i got brand new system on this one, that i got this issues, got 2x M.2 intel p660, only thing that is old is the gpu, i really need to see which process is using my cpu, ssd, memory to much, but is very hard buddy, you have no clue when is doing this froze, slow, no idea the word to describe, in 17 years of using windows, never ever got something similar, i work in this domain, but i can't know everything, sometimes i need help like everybody else, apologize for my english!

May 14, 2020
@Sohom, yeah i did check, remember boss, is doing in idle not full load :p in windows 10 i never use game mode, or new future, hardware-accelerated gpu bla bla or variable refresh rate, graphics performance preference, this are options for microsoft games not for our daily games , btw the 3600 has a Nzxt x52 for cooling, and the case is phanteks 600s, i got very great airflow and temperature, this are my priority in pc, thank you for your time bud, appreciated! <3
Ps: i never had more than 65 celsius on my cpu and 67 gpu, very low chance something is throttling.

Last edited:
First of all, game mode is already activated by default on windows 10, u need to manually disable it or else it will be activated while gaming and the settings u mentioned has nothing to do with Microsoft games or games from any other vendor... its global setting across your system...
And coming to the temps, those are good temps, but i was actually pointing to Motherboard VRM temps which may or may not be a problem... there are no sensors on board as far as i know to monitor those on ur motherboard, so u need to manually check them...

Solution
May 14, 2020
You right dear sir@[B]Sohom[/B], this mobo has no sensor on vrm, and very slow bios and load in to windows, i regret that i did buy it, i will change to a serious x570, i didn't want to get tomahawk, has only one m.2 slot, i did know this pro4 mobo has the same vrm as AsRock Gaming fatality k4(great mobo, but ugly like mine :), i need to do well with this vrm, but like you said i can't see the temp on vrm, so we never know, i do not know how to manually check the temperature or with what i can do it sir. When i instal windows buddy, i always turn off gaming mode, background apps, and some other things, and i use windows for 6 month-1 year than i reinstall it fresh, always is smoth, till i got this 2004 build, is cool i will wait, maybe a miracle update will save me. :p

Last edited:
You right dear sir@[B]Sohom[/B], this mobo has no sensor on vrm, and very slow bios and load in to windows, i regret that i did buy it, i will change to a serious x570, i didn't want to get tomahawk, has only one m.2 slot, i did know this pro4 mobo has the same vrm as AsRock Gaming fatality k4(great mobo, but ugly like mine :), i need to do well with this vrm, but like you said i can't see the temp on vrm, so we never know, i do not know how to manually check the temperature or with what i can do it sir. When i instal windows buddy, i always turn off gaming mode, background apps, and some other things, and i use windows for 6 month-1 year than i reinstall it fresh, always is smoth, till i got this 2004 build, is cool i will wait, maybe a miracle update will save me. :p
maybe waiting for a new update will be the best option... Also my another suggestion is roll back the nvidia drivers... actually check with two or more versions... worth a try, also if a beta driver is available try that too...