Windows 10 - will they continue with that ugly Metro style?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/features/windows/3574947/windows-10-screenshots/
Windows 10 screenshots: new features including Task view, multiple desktops, snap assist

Rafael Mestdag

Reputable
Mar 25, 2014
I love new features and the probable improvement in performance(hopefully) over Win7 but despite all this I can't help but wonder why MS has completely ditched the looks of Windows 7 which in my opinion were stunning if compared to Win10's flat looks. I suppose to some people(Win10 supporters) the flat look translates into something more modern or futuristic, but why not use the same rounded corners of the windows that W7 had? And the transparency is so much better looking in Windows 7, it's like MS doesn't give a shit about looks anymore and are turning their attention completely to selling apps(given they're practically giving W10 away for free).

Ever since Win XP the looks were as important as the functionality of the OS, now with W10(and before with W8) they seem to be turning their back on looks and concentrating on finding a balance between the failed W8/8.1 and the successful W7 instead of simply adding the new features to W7(a bestseller by the way).
I simply cannot believe that most W7 users will find W10's looks satisfying enough, and W7 users are, along with XP users, the majority of MS OS's costumers.

D

Deleted member 217926

I agree with this. It's about like Windows 7 and 8.1 had a baby with all of the good features of each OS and none of the bad. Basically what 8 should have been from the start.

Status
Not open for further replies.