hrishi654

Prominent
Mar 20, 2019
I have installed a new SSD ( Kingston SSDNow A400 240 GB ) in my laptop ( Dell Vostro 1440 ) . It is detected in the bios and shows the name of the ssd. But when I try to install Windows on it it shows the error 0x80070057 . It gives a message that "windows could not be format a partition on disk 0. The error occured while preparing the partiton selected for installation".I have tried using MiniTool partition wizard on a usb stick but that also did not help and gave me another error 0x8007045d. I tried using diskpart also in cmd but that gave an I/O error but i have installed the drive correctly. I have tried all the solutions online but nothing helped. I wanted to check on another computer but i am not able to remove the keyboard to dismantle the laptop and take the SSD out to check it with another computer

Solution
take it to a shop that can fix computers and have them check it. maybe it's a faulty ssd
i have managed to remove the keyboard and take the ssd out. it is working in other computers but not on my laptop. i have installed windows on that ssd by using other computer and when i put that ssd on my laptop it is saying a disk read error has occured.

hrishi654

Prominent
Mar 20, 2019
take it to a shop that can fix computers and have them check it. maybe it's a faulty ssd
i have managed to remove the keyboard and take the ssd out. it is working in other computers but not on my laptop. i have installed windows on that ssd by using other computer and when i put that ssd on my laptop it is saying a disk read error has occured.

Solution