Windows 10 Windows Update "Error Encountered" and other Windows services failing

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Polymelon

Reputable
Sep 19, 2015
Hi,

After installing Windows 10 Home on a new (first time) RAID 0 machine, Windows 10 keeps failing to update. I have even gone as far as to re-install Windows and formatting all my drives. The first time this happened, which was yesterday, Windows failed to update with the message "Error Encountered" and "We couldn't connect to the update service." I then had a chat with a Microsoft support agent after going through the Virtual Agent. I ended up doing a /sfc scannow and reinstalling Windows. Windows Update still fails, but at least the Troubleshooter was able to run although it didn't discover anything.

Any help?

Oct 10, 2018
A honest answer.
Used ssd on raid 0
Used ssd m.2 in raid 0
Use ssd m.2 nvme in raid 0

In all cases we do get a performance bump. Bit in case all 3 cases have lost data. Has to recover from my backup nas.

Not a newbie. Done all ans failed. It will work. But will screw u at any point of time.

To that, linix software raid upto 12.04 also os messedup.

Best solution.
3 machines.
1 Router using pfsense.
1 nas using freenas.
1 machine left 4 whst u wanna do.