[SOLVED] Windows 10 without activation key?

SpacEagle17

Prominent
Mar 11, 2020
Hello, I'll build a new pc, but the win10 licence is to expensive. If you never activate windows would there be any problems ( except that you can't personalise anything)? I know that you can buy very cheap licences online, but I'd prefer to run a not activated windows 10 (if there aren't many problems of course).
Thank you

Solution
Hello, I'll build a new pc, but the win10 licence is to expensive. If you never activate windows would there be any problems ( except that you can't personalise anything)? I know that you can buy very cheap licences online, but I'd prefer to run a not activated windows 10 (if there aren't many problems of course).
Thank you
No personalization of the Desktop or Taskbar.
A randomly appearing watermark at bottom right. Overlaid on top of everything.

That's it.

I have a long running test of an Unactivated Win 10 Pro install in a VM to test exactly this.
Dec 8 2016, running just fine 3+ years later.

USAFRet

Titan
Thank you

That's it.

I have a long running test of an Unactivated Win 10 Pro install in a VM to test exactly this.

Reactions: SpacEagle17
Solution

SpacEagle17

Prominent
Mar 11, 2020

That's it.

I've made a research and I have found some ways to avoid some restrictions:

Last edited by a moderator:

SpacEagle17

Prominent
Mar 11, 2020

That's it.

So, the inactivated windows mustn't be windows 10 home? It can also be windows 10 pro!!??