Question Windows 10 wont boot after clean install on m.2. Reboot loop

slothcrab

Reputable
Jun 13, 2016
Hi, so I managed to instal it once today fine, then however during updates I got the blue screen of death and started encountering problems. I have freshly installed windows setup on a usb and tried installing it on my newly formatted m.2 ssd, but now it just loops back around. I have taken out the usb but I get a black screen then it goes into bios boot page. I have tried installing it on both ssds but the same thing happens. I am stuck any help would be massively appreciated I have been trying to sort this for 7 hours. Thanks

slothcrab

Reputable
Jun 13, 2016
Hi, so I managed to instal it once today fine, then however during updates I got the blue screen of death and started encountering problems. I have freshly installed windows setup on a usb and tried installing it on my newly formatted m.2 ssd, but now it just loops back around. I have taken out the usb but I get a black screen then it goes into bios boot page. I have tried installing it on both ssds but the same thing happens. I am stuck any help would be massively appreciated I have been trying to sort this for 7 hours. Thanks

popatim

Titan
Sounds like you've set the USB as the boot device in the bios. Set the bios to boot to the SSD.
Boot to the flash drive using the boot override F-key during POST and install Windows again.
Which key it is is shown during powerup at the same time as the option to enter the bios is. usually F10, 11, or 12.