[SOLVED] Windows 10 won't boot after RAM upgrade

geriszabo13

Reputable
Nov 27, 2016
Hey Guys,

I have an issue with RAM upgrade. I have a Gigabyte GA-Z170M-D3H Mobo and I had 8GB HyperX Fury 2400 mhz RAM.

Now I bought a second hand Ram, it has totally same parameters as the original, and have same serial numbers as well (KHX2400C15D4).

My problem when I installed the new RAM my Windows 10 didn't boot and looped to automatic repair. For an hour later I realized if I choose Starting Options and select F7 I can start Windows. I tried to start my PC with only my old RAM and then tried only with the new RAM and sperately both worked perfectly. However I try them both in the same time I get automatic repair.

What could be the problem?

PS: Meanwhile the seller told me this Ram was part of a 2x8GB kit and he sold me only one. Mine is a standard stand-alone one. (So mine is a HX424C15FB3/8 and the new is a HX424C15FB3K2/16) Can this be a problem?

UPDATE: if I choose F7 (disable driver signature enforcement) in startup settings Windwos Boots and I can use my PC with 16GB RAM however in every 2-3 start of the PC this automatic repair comes again. How could I avoid this?

Last edited:
Solution
RAM of the same model typically works together, but not always. The only RAM guaranteed to work together is RAM sold together in a kit; they've been tested to be working together.