Windows 10 won't boot after system failure

chickensrcoming

Prominent
Oct 12, 2017
Built a computer about 2 weeks go, system ran perfectly fine the first 3 days, until I started coming across a reoccurring issue. At random times, the system would completely freeze up, if i was watching Netflix, sound would still come out of my monitor, if I was playing video games, discord would still be heard and people could hear me, eventually the system would entirely freeze up and I would have to hard reset the system. Last night League of Legends would not let me get in game no matter how many times I closed League of Legends, turned my system on and off, or ended task through task manager. I decided to reinstall League of Legends and during the installation process, my computer froze entirely. After waiting for about an hour, I decided it was time for a hard reset. Now when I turn on my system, I get the "ASUS in search of incredible" loading screen and then a black screen. Eventually I got a message saying that Windows 10 was not found in my system. I downloaded a windows 10 tool onto a USB, however I am not able to boot off the USB, my ssd, or anything else. I am able to access my bios completely. I have switched around my boot priorities in every possible combination imaginable. 2 of the boot options gives me a black screen after the ASUS logo. 1 boot option gives me a windows 10 logo for about 2 minutes followed by a black screen. The final boot option gives me an ASUS logo followed by a black screen. Windows boot option does not give me the option to do a repair boot, no matter how many times I hard reset continuously. Please help put too much time and money into build specs list below if needed. Thank you for all the help in advance.

Asus Prime B350 motherboard
Asus Strix gtx 1070
Ryzen 5 1600
Rosewill Photon 650W fully modular PSU
8gb Ballistix Sport LT RAM 1x8 2666 mt/s
Cryorig h5 ultimate
Kingston 240gb SSD
NZXT s340 Elite
NZXT Hue plus

Colif

Win 11 Master
is ssd showing in BIOS?

what boot method is set? Auto, EUFI or CSM?

how can win 10 not be on system if you get the win 10 logo... error makes no sense. Pointless question anyway unless we can get it to boot off the USB

chickensrcoming

Prominent
Oct 12, 2017

chickensrcoming

Prominent
Oct 12, 2017
Sorry I guess I should have made it a bit more clear that I am somewhat new to computer building I know where everything plugs into, but when it comes to software and bios settings I am a complete novice. My ssd does show up in the bios its only when I set the USB as the boot priority that I get the windows 10 logo but it is followed by a permanent black screen. At the moment in my BIOS under "Boot Priority" there are 4 items which are the following: General UDisk 5.00, UEFI: General UDisk 5.00 Partition 1, Windows Boot Manager(SATA6G_3:Kingston SA400S37240G), SATA6G_3:Kingston SA400S37240G (228936MB). Setting ANY of these as the boot priority ultimately ends with a black screen. Setting the "General UDisk" option as the boot priority is the one that gives me a windows 10 logo for about 2 minutes followed by a permanent black screen. Again I am sorry if I sound like a complete pleb but everyone starts out somewhere. It may seem like a pointless question but when one doesn't know what question to actually ask, everything that comes out of one's mouth sounds pointless. Sorry for the stress, just looking for some help before I give up and look for a tech support company in my area. Thanks for the response.

Colif

Win 11 Master
General UDisk 5.00, UEFI: General UDisk 5.00 Partition 1- these both sound like the USB, just with different boot formats, legacy & UEFI
Windows Boot Manager(SATA6G_3:Kingston SA400S37240G) is your SSD set to boot off UEFI boot method
SATA6G_3:Kingston SA400S37240G (228936MB) is your ssd set to boot off Legacy

I guess i should explain.
All Windows PC up until win 7 used Legacy boot method to start PC
Windows 8 & 10 use UEFI boot method, which was developed to fix short comings of the legacy method.

So answer to my 1st question is Yes, bios sees ssd,,, its just ignoring it.
I don't suppose you have another PC you can check ssd in, at this stage it could be reason for all the files not installing, and all your freezing. Would also explain why win 10 isn't reinstalling now

chickensrcoming

Prominent
Oct 12, 2017

chickensrcoming

Prominent
Oct 12, 2017
Well I guess I could ask my roommate if I can use his custom pc. What would I do with his pc? I would hate to do anything that would harm his computer as well. Is it safe? If so what would I actually do?

Colif

Win 11 Master
I don't want to risk someone else's PC either. You might be best getting a professional to look at it as they will know what they are doing.

I think its likely the ssd needs to be replaced. The behaviour you are getting isn't right for a brand new PC...

I will ask a 2nd opinion since its a weekend and you can't take it anywhere right now.

Colif

Win 11 Master

I don't know where you live, Toms is worldwide so my knowing who to trust is going to be difficult. What city/state/country are you in and then its a matter of looking at Computer repair shops on Google, and seeing who gets best rating from more than 5 reviews (higher number of people = less chance of being lies)

I have asked for help in here as someone with a Ryzen CPU may have a better idea.

chickensrcoming

Prominent
Oct 12, 2017
Ok great ive googled a bit I live in the phoenix area close to ASU thankfully I have plenty of places to choose from I have found one or two cites that I can visit during the week thank you Colif for all the help I really do appreciate it.