Question Windows 10 won't boot up ending in BSOD

Jan 11, 2020
So,

2 days ago I worked on my computer and it worked as normal as usual. After a program I used crashed and couldn't be reopened, I decided to restart the system. After the Windows Logo (with the circling dots) I get a BSOD with the code critical_process_died. So I googled it and tried to enter safety-mode (by crashing the system 3 times). I couldn't get in and got another BSOD (page_fault_in_nonpaged_area). So I tried to boot up my old HDD which also got the same results. I downloaded the media creation file and burnt it on a USB-Stick. Booted it up, same story over again (page_fault_in_nonpaged_area). I disassembled all my PC-Components and started it with only the CPU and RAM connected (no SATA-Cables in) and it booted into the BIOS (which I've updated to the latest version). So I plug in my USB-Stick again just to see what happens and another BSOD appears. I'm helpless, I don't know what to do anymore. I'm aware it may be a hardware failure but I don't know what hardware. I cannot just buy a new CPU, mainboard, RAM etc. and start testing.

My Specs are:

CPU: Intel I-7 4790K
GPU: GTX 1080
Mainboard: Gigabyte ga-z97x-gaming 5
RAM: 2x 8GB RAM
Storage: 500GB SSD & 2TB HDD
PSU: CoolerMaster 750 W

And please, I've tried everything from booting into safe-mode to the installation CD.
Thanks for the advice.

Colif

Win 10 Master
ON another PC, make Memtest on a USB and run it on yours - Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors.

I assume CPU isn't overclocked as I would remove an overclock if it has one.

another possibility is its the USB stick itself causing the BSOD. COuld try making another installer.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS