Windows 10 won't install correctly on my M.2

Kjnkid

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2016
I just purchased a Samsung 970 r
Pro m.2 ssd. Well I have a msi z270 m5 board I'd that makes a difference. When Windows finishes installing, it's like nothing really installed. No drivers or nothing. Looks like it's back in 1995. Which I said I'll download the driver and updates manually, well i Can't use Wi-Fi or connect a Ethernet cable to it, if I do it says no internet connection availble. Not sure what to do here any suggestions?

Solution
The type of drive you install on should make no difference to windows, you should have same set up as if you used an ssd or hdd. The install should be able to access all hardware just like any other storage device

Did you remove all other drives while installing?

what are specs of PC? apart from motherboard. Do you have the latest BIOS for motherboard? It might help (??)
Where did you get win 10 installer?? how old is it?

Win 10 should have drivers that match most of your hardware without need for you to dl them. Sure, they are default drivers but they better than nothing

Here is link to latest drivers for your LAN - https://www.killernetworking.com/driver-downloads/category/other-downloads - use another PC to download them, copy...

Colif

Win 11 Master
The type of drive you install on should make no difference to windows, you should have same set up as if you used an ssd or hdd. The install should be able to access all hardware just like any other storage device

Did you remove all other drives while installing?

what are specs of PC? apart from motherboard. Do you have the latest BIOS for motherboard? It might help (??)
Where did you get win 10 installer?? how old is it?

Win 10 should have drivers that match most of your hardware without need for you to dl them. Sure, they are default drivers but they better than nothing

Here is link to latest drivers for your LAN - https://www.killernetworking.com/driver-downloads/category/other-downloads - use another PC to download them, copy them onto USB and install on your PC

what WiFi do you have? an add on card?

Solution