[SOLVED] Windows 10 wont install Ethernet Driver

tlavanway3

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2014
Hello....Ever since this morning i have had a problem with my computer to where it would Boot right into Bios for no reason, when it was working perfectly fine the night before. so i decided to reinstall windows, and i got it to boot again, but for some reason windows 10 Wont install my internet driver, i cant update my driver because i dont have internet because the driver was not installed.......so im not sure what to do. iv been working at this for hours now, the things i have done i will list below

1: SFC/scannow (did nothing) (found no errors)
2: Network Reset (did nothing)
3: resetting my router (did nothing)
4: reinstalled windows multiple times and tried repair (did nothing)
5: uninstalled the drivers that weren't working and restarted my Pc (did nothing)

When I reinstall windows and i'm greeted with the "Let's Connect you to a network" No networks show up at all. and i know the internet is working because I'm typing this on my laptop that is wired to the internet......i don't understand why windows 10 doesn't install the drivers. When I run a Network Diagnostic it tells me that "Windows did not detect a properly installed network Adapter. if you have a network adapter, you will need to re-install the driver" then it shows "Windows could not find a driver for your network adapter" when i open device manager it says that all the Network adapters are working but there is a tab called "other devices" and in that tab it shows the following

Ethernet controller (yellow mark)
Network controller (yellow mark)
PCl Device (yellow mark)
PCl Device (yellow mark)
PCl Device (yellow mark)
PCl Simple Communications controller (yellow mark)
SM Bus Controller (yellow mark)

All of thoes listed above are "the driver for this device are not installed. (code 28) "there are no compatible drivers for this device"

I cant connecet to the internet at all or even see any networks.

Also my "Generic Bluetooth Adapter" has a yellow mark as well. but its not in the "other devices" tab.

Last edited:
Solution
No, that is not the model of your motherboard, because MSI does not make "Strix" hardware. ASUS makes Strix hardware. Also, ASUS makes the Z490-E. So before going any further it is essential that we verify, without any doubt, what model of motherboard you have. I'm assuming it's the ASUS Strix Z490-E Gaming, but I guessing is a bad idea so I'll wait for confirmation one way or the other. Too many times somebody has said "this is my board model" only to later say "sorry, it's actually THIS one".
Windows doesn't have drivers for everything that's out there. Sometimes you literally have to GO find the drivers, download them and install them. Generally, from the manufacturers website. This might mean that you have to gain access to the internet using a different device. Somebody else's computer, etc.

What are your FULL hardware specifications including the exact model of your motherboard and if you have a separate network adapter that is not part of the motherboard, then the model of that as well.

Please include ALL hardware, including CPU, motherboard, power supply, etc. If this is a prebuilt system, then include the model of the prebuilt system including any submodel or express service tag information.

No, that is not the model of your motherboard, because MSI does not make "Strix" hardware. ASUS makes Strix hardware. Also, ASUS makes the Z490-E. So before going any further it is essential that we verify, without any doubt, what model of motherboard you have. I'm assuming it's the ASUS Strix Z490-E Gaming, but I guessing is a bad idea so I'll wait for confirmation one way or the other. Too many times somebody has said "this is my board model" only to later say "sorry, it's actually THIS one".

Solution